Essential Learning Company are now offering the NEW Advanced Learner Loans!
Are you aged 19 or over and thinking about further education?
Are you wanting to start a course on or after 1 August 2016?
If so, you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan from the UK government.
These loans are designed specifically to help you to pay your tuition fees for Levels 3, 4, 5 and 6 courses.
It’s easy, quick and simple to apply, your household income isn’t taken into account and there’s no credit check. You won’t have to pay anything back until your income is over £21,000 a year.
To qualify you must be:
- Aged 19 or over on 31st August 2016 for courses commencing in the 2016/17 academic year.
- Living in the UK on the first day of your course and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for three years immediately before this, and you must be classed as “settled” in the U.K.
- Enrolling on an eligible course at level 3 and above
Applying is really quick and easy
You can apply for a loan from May 2016 for courses starting between 1 August 2016 and 31 July 2017.
Is a loan right for you?
It’s vitally important you consider your own circumstances and look into all options for paying for your course before choosing to take out a loan. It needs to work for you. Talk to our Coordinator on 0161 336 7392 who will be able to advise you further.
How much can I borrow?
This all depends on your course, All the tuition fees charged by Essential Learning Company will be paid in full once they’ve confirmed your attendance on the course.
The minimum loan amount is £300. Up to the full amount you are being charged for your course.
If you wish to take out a partial loan and pay some of the fees yourself, then that’s fine.
How do I pay it back?
Repaying your Advanced Learner Loan couldn’t be simpler.
- Your monthly repayments will be only ever based on your income, not what you borrowed
- You will only start making repayments the April AFTER you finish your course and when your income is more than £404 per week, £1,750 per month or £21,000 per year
- You’ll only pay back 9% of any income above £21,000 a year.
Examples of repayments:
Income each year before tax
|Up to £21,000||£1,750||£0|
All above monthly Payments are taken at “wage source” so you need never worry about sorting your payments out, and if your wage ever falls below £21,000, for any reason…you immediately stop repayments.
N.B: If you complete a Level 3 course for which you have taken out an Advanced Learner Loan and you then study a Higher Education undergraduate programme, once you have successfully completed the H.E. programme your Advanced Learner Loan will be written off.
So, should you wish to know more and want to ‘Kick Start’ your career then please speak to our adviser who will gently steer you through your options. We are here to advise – Not to sell.
John Livingstone – Recruitment Coordinator
0161 336 7392
Or Text to: 07710 096 917 and we will call you straight back
Advanced Learner Loans are administered by Student Finance England (SFE). SFE is a Student Loans Company service, providing financial support to students on behalf of the UK Government.
All discussions held are 100% private and confidential.